Pages

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Friends



The South African Pocket Oxford Dictionary – 3rd edition, defines a friend as a person one likes and knows very well. I like the second definition, which says, a familiar or helpful thing. Notice it says “helpful” – that means a friend does not supposed to only know you and like you, but also be of help to you.

Help by rendering support, love, care, advice, guidance, etc… the person supposed to have your back. If you do not do any of these, then you are not a friend.

Your duty or responsibility as a friend is to be there for your friend. Not to criticise, judge and worse of all gossip about your friend. When your friend is not present with you, she should be confident that you have her best interest at heart; she shouldn’t feel that behind her back, you will sell her out. A friend shouldn’t feel intimidated by you and you shouldn’t make him/her feel that way.

I am a strong believer in family and friendship. I love my family and friends and I will do anything in my power to let them know that I have their back and they know that. I belief that friends are your second family; I am there to render to love and guidance – not to trash them.

Of course in every relationship there are always misunderstandings, but instead of being a “Judas” to that person you supposedly call friend – confront him/her and settle the scores there. When you chose to sell your friend – to me you are no longer a friend but an enemy.

So, I call on every one out there to really take a long look at yourself and ask - “am I a friend?”

Source of image:






No comments:

Post a Comment