Pages

Friday 6 July 2012

My top 200 achievements

Wow!!! – top 200 achievements, nope, not yet, maybe when I am 80; considering that I am just 25 years old, I will not claim to have achieved 200 things in my life, but I can boldly list a few that have an impact on who I am today and give me courage and hope to continue this journey. Well, there you have it:

1.    I survive my childhood struggles and I am proud to say that I am doing well and on top of things; I didn’t allow the struggles to mess me up.

2.    I survived my stay in Nigeria - a country where things are not easy. There is a saying, if you can survive in Nigeria, you can survive anywhere in the world.

3.    I learned English quickly and with no tutorials on the side.

4.    I pass my 2nd term of JSS1, which in South Africa is called Grade 7vof High School. I pointed out this, because by then I was not an expert in English, but I didn’t allow that to affect me. I just arrived in Nigeria, with no good knowledge of English, but I manage to pass all my subjects of that year.

5.    Completing my primary education.

6.    Completing my secondary education.

7.    Writing my senior school certificate and passing with 6 distinctions and 2 credits.

8.    Getting accepted to study Public Relations Management out of hundreds of students that might have applied.

9.    Completing my National Diploma.

10. Doing and internship in South Africa – it often proofs very difficult for foreigners to find internship opportunities here.

11. Being a health and hostel prefect when I was in secondary school.

12. Awarded the best dancer in a dance competition that took place in my country, Equatorial Guinea in 1998.

13. I have being baptised and have received the Holy Communion - is an achievement as a Christian.

14. Learning the true meaning of respect, responsibility and discipline.

15. In 2008, i was awarded a student tutor certificate for Public Relations.

16. Travelling alone.

17. Staying away from my family and home country for a long time and not getting in trouble - i have been leaving in other countries since i was 14 years old.

18. Being responsible and focus.

19. Being a godmother of two wonderful children. It is a heavy duty and lots of responsibilities but an honour and privilege to be in their lives.

20. Being a good daughter and a good, loving and supportive friend.

21. Being a good citizen.

22. Being a good individual in this world. It is not easy maintaining a good behaviour when there is so much pressure and evilness, but I have been able to do that and will continue to do that, God willing.

23. Being a forgiving and loving person in a world that constantly and daily wants to change you to be the opposite.

24. Refusing to follow the crowd.

25. Accepting Jesus Christ into my life – this is an achievement that I need to work on every single day. It is never over, but at least I gave it a step.

These achievements made and make headlines in my life. When I think of these achievements, it motivates me to continue the journey even though at times things get tough. I use these achievements to evaluate my life from time to time and they also give me courage and hope that I can do it – YES I CAN. All of these would not have been possible if God hadn’t been on my side, so, Thank you God and I am looking forward for many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment